- When you post client testimonials on your blog, include a reply of gratitude.
- Commit to a year-long experiment and document it.
- Talk publicly about what you’re working on: “I’m writing this book”, “I’m researching a cure for…” You never know who’s listening.
- Launch on your birthday. It’s just more fun that way.
- Offer a teleseminar with the cost going to charity.
- Join forces with a local artist to make some beautiful stuff.
- Commission art.
- Host an old-fashioned fundraiser: a yoga-thon, a read-athon, an account-athon, a coach-athon, a knit-athon.
- Give it away for free.
- Host events in your city: other speakers, workshop leaders, film screenings. Be a maven.
- Start an advice column. Make it slightly hilarious.
- If you had 5 minutes on your local noon hour news show, what would you talk about that connects your wisdom/business to current affairs? Turn that into an email pitch.
- Say yes to every single interview or writing request for the first year.
- Say thank you. Mean it.
- Start an award.
- Set up your blog posts so that they automatically feed into your book page on Amazon.com.
- Create a password-protected area of the site for retailers and prospective alliances to access sales kits that include video instructions, printable materials, and relevant news.
- Send handwritten notes.
- Write a theme song for your business.
- Throw a thank you party.
Your friend with the awesome thing needs happy promo ideas. Press send.
PS: Creatives & Career lovers! I’ve got an e-list called Hey! FireStarterPeople! I mail 1x a month to fan your entrepreneurial flames. Simple. Hopefully useful. Try it out HERE.