But will it be worth it when you get there? The feeling of success. (+ a free chapter!)
It’s a crime against the human spirit that we so often disassociate positive emotions from the pursuit of success.
We tell ourselves that It’ll be worth it when we get there, and we grind and crank and endure our way to the goal posts. We man up, suck it up, and shut up—all in the name of making a better life for ourselves. We fake it so we can be somebody.
Our productivity—and results-obsessed society—pathologizes feelings. Business and academic cultures are especially adept at discrediting the intelligence of feelings. After all, following your heart is often illogical and seemingly counterproductive. Not too many shareholders are asking, “What’s the most joyful way to conduct business?”
Scarce are the diet programs and exercise regimens that value happiness or freedom over weight-loss metrics . . . I’d flip for an investment advisor who asked me, “What makes you feel most connected and excited in terms of where you can put your money?”
Discipline can feel wildly liberating. Shrewd, tactical thinking can feel incredibly creative and energizing. I’m not saying that positive feelings can’t exist in pursuit of material goals or within conventional environments. I’m saying that:
… far too often, epidemically often, we go for the external win at the cost of our internal wellness. And that’s because we don’t value our inner attunement as much as we value outer attainment.
- excerpted from The Desire Map, Book One
READ THE FULL DESIRE MAP SAMPLE CHAPTER HERE:
THE DESIRE MAP LAUNCHES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!
The Desire Map program is just that — a program. It’s $170 (with $5 going to charity.) Here’s everything you’ll be getting:
- The Desire Map Book One & Book Two. Book One is philosophy. Book Two is your Workbook.
- 3 months of email support — weekly, digital, high-substance inspiration and support available only to Desire Map owners. (The first email will hit your inbox one month after you order The Desire Map, to give you time to dig into the program itself.)
- 9 audio contemplations & motivationals. I’ve put a twist on meditation audios and pep talks with tracks like Cosmic Radio, Just Listen, May all beings…, Light Scanning, plus a handful of pump-you-up poems.
- 17 worksheets, that you can save to your computer, like: Sensations of positivity, Core Desired Feelings, Brutal Facts & Fears, How will you give of yourself?
- Action sheets for syncing your core desired feelings with your weekly, monthly and yearly planning, in various printable sizes so that they fit into your own calendar system.
- A web app for creating your own stylized digital wallpapers of your Core Desired Feelings, Your Gratitude List, and a list of what you want to change in your life — all shareable on Pinterest & Facebook.
- A series of short how-to videos to walk you through the Desire mapping process.
- 4 music playlists — because everything’s better with some good tunes.
: in digital format (readable on all devices, including Kindles and other e-readers.)
: in audio format. That’s 6+ hours of sonic love, read by moi. (It was James Earl Jones or me. I thought I was better suited.)
: a gorgeous print book, mailed to you the day you order.
The Desire Map is launching next Wednesday! You can sign up for the launch party HERE!