Pay What You Can, ’cause it’s ma’ birthday!
** This pay-what-you-can event is now over. Thank you for joining in the merriment.
(Have a question? email [email protected])
It’s ma’ birthday, it’s ma’ birthday. And you know what that means… It’s PAY WHAT YOU CAN DAAAY!
We’ve done a few Pay What You Can Days and it never fails, I witness the innate goodness of humans. Thank you emails from moms on welfare, pay it forward offers from strangers to strangers, money orders from Korea, PayPal installments paid for months — on time, as promised. Goodness abounding.
This year’s Pay What You Can Day revolves around YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN. It’s an epically informative and inspirational how-to experience for anyone who wants to get their written work into the world. My co-creator, Linda Sivertsen (aka BookMama.com) and I are really proud of YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN — we packed it with insider intel and sample proposals and case studies and the map we wished we had when we started our books and blogs. You can read about it here.
Fine Print + Good Manners
1. This offer ends at 11:59pm PST Saturday May 26. Fer reals. If you’re out of town, if you missed this email in your inbox…then the opportunity will have vanished. I like things, especially money things, elegant and simple (and generous.)
2. This only applies to Your Big Beautiful Book Plan.
3. I’m sorry, this offer is not retroactive – even if you bought Your Big Beautiful Book Plan yesterday.
4. I reserve the right to refuse too-low offers. Good karma is in affect. (And yep, I see all of the bids coming in.)
5. I will take multiple payments over time. This works on the honor system. If you want to pay, say, $30 in three installments via PayPal, email [email protected] to set that up. Easy breezy.
6. If you have a question please email [email protected]. She will respond as soon as she can, and definitely within 24 hours. (Please, I implore you on Angie’s behalf, don’t DM her, or Facebook or email her three times today. Promise, promise, she will get to you. These events are amazeballs and we do manage to serve everyone.)
7. If you already have Your Big Beautiful Book Plan and would like to gift it to someone at a pay-what-you-can rate, go for it! In past events, we’ve had people offer to pay for strangers i.e., “I’d like to buy three copies at $70 each for three people who can’t afford to pay anything.” Email [email protected] and we’ll help make that happen!
8. For those of you who do not jive with PayPal or credit cards, I will take a cheque(s) (that’s Canadian for “check”.) Please email [email protected] for details.
In closing, two things:
1) We’d love to hear about all the good things that come from you rocking out YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN. Blogs born, book deals landed, literary agents wooed.
2) So much can happen in twelve months. I hope that this time next year, you’ve made (even more) amazing things happen – from your soul, for the world.
BUZZ THE BIRTHDAY LOVE, PLEASE + THANK YOU: