Want free books for your do-great project? We can light that fire!
We’re giving away 400 copies (or more!!!) of THE FIRE STARTER SESSIONS to good causes. Read on. First, watch this story about what inspired the give-away.
We’re giving away 400 copies (or more!!!) of THE FIRE STARTER SESSIONS to great causes. Women’s shelters. Work re-entry programs. Youth empowerment groups. Prisons. Healing centers. Mental health organizations. Mentorship projects. We’ll consider all life-improving, non-commercial projects that step forward.
PART 1: Calling Good Causes. Enter now.
If you work with a charity, non-profit or special project that serves people who could be served by THE FIRE STARTER SESSIONS, then please step forward and request some copies of the book. We’ll then let the public vote on the charities they’d most like to see receive books, and divvy up the free books based on the ratio of votes. I’ll outline the entry process for charity entries below.
PART 2: Everyone can give.
TUESDAY, APRIL 10 we’ll open voting for who gets how many books. And…people will be able to add to the stack of free books to give away. So if you want to get one book to a prison library, or twenty books to a youth program — we’ll get your purchased books to them.
One more thing before the action details: gratitude. My publisher, Random House / Crown is throwing in 300 free copies. I didn’t even occur to me to ask them. I tossed up this idea and in a New York minute, the cheiftess in charge said, I’ll throw in 300 copies! Classy.
entry guidelines for charities + projects
1. VOTING CLOSED — to fill out this entry form– it includes a description of your organization/project and the amount of copies you would like.
2. Entries must be in by midnight PST on THIS SATURDAY APRIL 7, 2012.
3. We will use our discretion to select charities…perceived viability of a project, and resonance with the cause. There are no hard and fast rules — this is a love project, we’re figuring this out as we go.
4. We cannot take suggestions for charities. Someone from the actual organization has to throw their hat into the ring.
5. You do not have to be a registered non-profit. Heart and sweat counts for a lot.
On TUESDAY, APRIL 10 we will post a roster of all accepted charities/projects, and two things will happen on that day:
a) Voting will open for people to choose 3 charities that they would most like books go to. (So send your supporters over to vote for your project!) We will try to dispense the books to the charities/projects according to a ratio of votes to books. Voting will close FRIDAY APRIL 20th.
2) Individuals will be able to purchase books — at wholesale cost — to add to the donation pile. As mentioned, were starting off with 400 books in the love pile. I hope that grows! We’ll keep that deal going until FRIDAY APRIL 20th.
FRIDAY, APRIL 27th we’ll announce how many books the various charities/projects will be gifted!
I have nooo idea what will come of this, but let’s get the giving going on!
Please help spread the word on this!
Facebook messages + Tweetables: