the help haiti blog challenge
A wonderful writer and friend of mine, KellyDiels of the Cleavage site, has kicked off The Help Haiti Blog Challenge.
Kelly’s strategy was partly inspired by a tweet of mine this week: “I’ll donate my full Fire Starter Session fee ($300) to Haiti causes to 1st person who books in and pays today…Please RT” and Gwen Bell’s uber successful Best of 2009 Blog Challenge.
The concept and how it applies to bloggers:
1. Sign up for the Help Haiti Blog Challenge (on Kelley’s site). Write about it on your blog and tag it “Help Haiti Blog Challenge“. Ask your people to join you and do the same.
2. Add the Help Haiti Blog Challenge badge to your blog.
3. Make your offer: I will donate ________ dollars to _________ on behalf of the next person who buys _________ from me.
4. Make your donation and tell us how much you donated.
5. Tweet about it using the hashtag #haitiblogchallenge. Update your facebook status with a request to pass on the message and the call to action. Send e-mails. Everywhere you are, online, talk about the Help Haiti Blog Challenge, tag it, and call your friends, family, colleagues – your people – to action.
So, what if you have a blog but nuthin’ to “give away or sell” per se?
Well, Aidan Donnelly Rowley is giving away $2 every time some leaves a 2-word comment on her blog between now and January 18. The Pioneer Woman gave 10 cents for every comment on her blog yesterday. She got 25,850 comments that’s…$2,585!
Canadian? In case you don’t know already, The Canadian Government is matching Haiti donations up to $50 million. Find out more here. Because of that, my family is donating to Plan Canada (we also sponsor a child with them.)
May the blessings rain down.