You want it and you want it bad. Aspiring. Hoping. Plotting. Recurring. Reaching. Bubbling beneath your surface. You crave it — and it craves you.
So you make a plan to get it. A to-do list. The bucket list. Quarterly objectives. Strategy. Accountability. The goal. Except . . .
You’re not chasing the goal itself, you’re actually chasing a feeling.
We have the procedures of achievement upside down. We go after the stuff we want to have, get, accomplish, and experience outside of ourselves. And we hope, yearn, pray that we’ll be fulfilled when we get there. It’s backwards. It’s outside in. And it’s running us in circles.
What if, first, we got clear on how we actually wanted to feel in our life, and then we laid out our intentions? What if your most desired feelings consciously informed how you plan your day, your year, your career, your holidays — your life?
You know what will happen with that kind of inner clarity and outer action? You’ll feel the way you want to feel more often than not. Decisions will be easier to make: You’ll know what to say no, thank you to and what to say hell yes! to. I bet you’ll complain less. You’ll be more optimistic, more open-hearted. It will be easier for you to return to your center in the midst of a challenge — I promise.
You will do much less proving, and way more living.
And you will have more to give to the world.
Welcome to The Desire Map.
“My only mistake was starting to read The Desire Map at night. I couldn’t put it down, madly scouring my heart for longing, writing down my desires with clarity I haven’t felt for years. Thank you so much for this. It’s straightforward and yet deeply poetic. It’s big and beautiful and generous and profound. I don’t say this lightly – it changes everything.”
- Samantha Reynolds | Founder and President, Echo Memoirs
“I’ve lived in over-drive. For years. I was a tenacious goal-getter and I drove myself hard to reach those goals — no matter what they were. Until I hit a wall, and thought, There’s gotta be another way. The Desire Map is that “other way.”
This is what people are looking for — a new way to plan their lives — an inside-out approach.“
- Eric Handler | Founder, PositivelyPositive.com
Listen to the Introduction from The Desire Map program:
Knowing how you actually want to feel is the most potent form of clarity that you can have. Generating those feelings is the most powerfully creative thing you can do with your life.
And not only do we have to put our feelings at the heart of our ambitions, we have to pursue our desires in a way that is life-affirming, rather than soul-depleting. Rigid goal-chasing is burning us out. Soul-anchored intentions are the way to get home.
The Purpose of The Desire Map Program
Most life-planning tools focus on external attainment and results. Which is valuable. Getting results is what moves your life forward. Except that most goal-setting systems fail to harness the most powerful driver behind any aspiration: your preferred feelings; and they foster an uptight determination that can keep us from the vitality we crave.
The Desire Map program is changing all of that. You could call it holistic life-planning. The inner meets the outer. The spirit drives the material.
The purpose of The Desire Map is
- Ultimately, to help you remember your light, your true nature, your source.
- To show you your heart’s longing — your core desired feelings.
- To help you use your core desired feelings as a guidance system for making choices.
- To help you use your desired feelings as a way to access comfort and clarity during painful times.
- To help you accentuate the positive aspects of your life, while still honouring, and not invalidating, the negative parts that you want to change.
- To help you regard your feelings as road signs to your Soul.
- So that you can
- Plan your day, your week, your month, your year and…
- Feel great, making a lot of awesome things happen in every area your life.
“Desire. Feelings. Wants. Discipline. Choices. Goals. These can feel complicated to tease out, but The Desire Map helps you to relate to all of them, differently. If you’re tired of the usual “to-do list” of goals, and want to know how to make goals that are rich with meaning, The Desire Map walks you through that process. It’s part philosophy, part practical action, broken down into meaty modules that ask you to get truthful, invite you to playfully get real about what you desire, and to take inspired action.”
- Kate Swoboda | YourCourageousLife.com
WHAT YOU’RE GETTING
The Desire Map program is just that — a program.
It’s $170 USD. Shipping included everywhere.
If you need to, you can pay in 3 installments. Yep.
$5 from every program goes to charity — which will be decided by a public vote twice a year.
- The Desire Map Book One & Book Two. Book One is the philosophy, Book Two is your Workbook.
- in digital format (which is readable on all devices, including Kindles and other e-readers.)
- in audio format. That’s six+ hours of sonic love, read by moi (it was James Earl Jones or me. I thought I was better suited.)
- a gorgeous print book that’s both Book One & Two together, shipped to you the day you order.
- 3 months of email inspiration to help you make desire mapping a practice in your life — weekly, digital, high-substance motivation and tips available only to Desire Map owners. (The first email will hit your inbox one month after you order The Desire Map to give you time to dig into the program itself.)
- 9 audio contemplations & motivationals. These are cool. I’ve put a new twist on meditation audios and pep talks with tracks like, Cosmic Radio, Just Listen, May all beings…, Light Scanning, plus a handful of pump-you-up poems and declarations.
- 17 worksheets, like: Sensations of Positivity, Gratitude & Dissatisfaction, Core Desired Feelings, Brutal Facts & Fears, How will you give of yourself? . . . Every digital worksheet is accessible in the private online portal, and typable — so you can use them on your own computer and save them to your hard drive.
- Action sheets for syncing your core desired feelings with your weekly, monthly and yearly planning, in various printable sizes so that they fit into your own calendar system.
- A web app for creating your own stylized digital wallpapers for your phone or computer of your core desired feelings, your gratitude list, and a list of what you want to change in your life — all shareable on Pinterest & Facebook.
- A series of short how-to videos to walk you through the desire mapping workbook
- And … all of this is available for you in a private online “portal” where you can grab the worksheets, audios, come back as often as you like and access from any computer with your password.
- 4 music playlists — because everything’s better with some sweet tunes.
“I literally get tears in my eyes when I think about how this program is shifting my perception and helping me to really go after what is truly important and to let go of the rest.”
- Catherine Just | CatherineJust.com
Some back story
About seven years ago, on a New Year’s eve by the fire, I mapped out my goals — and had an epiphany that I had goal-setting all wrong. Over time I created my own system that helped me get clear on my core desired feelings and helped me match those up with my everyday practical plans and my big dreams. Then I made up “desire binders” for friends. Then I started talking about the “desired feelings stuff” on stage. Then I wrote about it in The Fire Starter Sessions. Then the emails started rolling in.
And then it was clearer than ever: We were onto something. Something real, effectual and needed. Something divinely practical.
The Desire Map is not sugar-coated new age’ism, or hard core ambition tacticals —
both of which I rile against, both of which led me to a lot of personal insight, relief, and success (Thank you, hard lessons. Hello, freedom!) That said . . .
- when to let go of goals that no longer serve you
- why we need to look (briefly) at brutal facts and fears about getting what you want
- and how affirmations can mess you up … and what to say to yourself instead
- your relationship to prayer and universal support, petitioning life for what you want
- self worth and being of service
All of which leads up to the whole, awesome cosmic exercise of
This is soul practicality. The day-to-day sacred. Getting the right stuff done, without delay. Getting straight to what we all want: to feel good, of course.
Desire is the engine of creation.
Feelings are your road signs.
Desire mapping is how to get where you want to go.
LISTEN to The Desire Map
an audio contemplation for total encouragement
Reporting from Desire Mappers
“Let go of the yuck so it doesn’t follow you into the future. Put some thought into how you want to feel in your life, and then go about what it takes to feel that way. Trust the process. Be open to surprises and detours. Take a hot bath. Eat, drink, and be merry.”
Read the full post
“To invite spaciousness, I am inviting myself to do LESS this year, to carve out more windows of time that are completely unscheduled. This means saying no daily, which is a huge transition for the queen of YES.”
Read the full post
More Reporting from Desire Mappers
- Desire Mapping – Lehanne Fox
- Beauty Tuesday: On William Blake, Desire Mapping, and Pinterest – Lauren Bacon
- The Desire Map (Part Two) – Renee Bell
- Patience & letting go (a new way of being) – Corrine Bowen
“The best part of it all, is I am getting to dive with one of my beloved friends… It is so special doing this work with a friend to reflect with while drinking tea or spiced cider, and I can’t wait for future collaborative mapping sessions.” Read More
“I’ve also started a Pinterest board for each, with an eye to assembling a set of visual cues that will help me tap into those feelings whenever I need to. If you’re Desire Mapping, consider doing the same. They are works in progress, but already they are inspiring me with their wordless dimensionality.” Read More
“I want [need] to understand aspects of my health that have alluded me till now. I want [need] to stop being so rushed from place to place and task to task. I want [need] more time to relax and enjoy life.” Read More
“I’m not my job (although I’m grateful for it and I love it), my worth isn’t attached to the next thing I publish, and my value doesn’t depend on what someone else thinks of my productivity or what kind of mother/wife/friend I am. I’m just here to be a human being.” Read More
In a world filled with books, blogs, and magazine articles wanting to give us directions with how-to this and seven steps to that, Danielle gives us a map. A map is a full, whole lay of the land. It highlights the landscape. You can see the many ways to navigate, you can always find your bearings, you can choose a different path to the same destination. You can walk across the countryside and aren't limited to the roads. And desire, in case you didn't know, means "from the stars" - also a great navigation tool for humans throughout history.
With the stars and a map as your companions, The Desire Map will help you find your way home to yourself, to re-ignite the desire spark you were born with and hear the cry of your soul.
- Lianne Raymond | LianneRaymond.com
Seriously, where to even start with how much I loved it... It's the exact conversation I've been wanting to have with myself about letting "feeling good" lead the way. And then delivered in your hypnotizing words? SOLD. As someone who is always seeking that balance of ambition and presence, your love letter to Desire was just what I needed, D. There were so many little aha explosions for me. This truly spoke to me, confirming so much of what's been going on in my heart about wanting and trust and allowing. Thank you for this truth.
- Molly Mahar | Stratejoy.com
I could ramble on for pages and pages, but I'm going to keep this very short and sweet: I think you have saved my life, and I love you for it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Cerries Mooney | HeartYourBrand.co.uk
The Desire Map has me reeling. Your truth is so laid bare, raw, revealed. I’m drop-jawed in awe.
- Meggan Watterson, author of Reveal | MegganWatterson.com
The Desire Map has already shifted how I feel inside. The feeling? Calm. Peaceful. Connected. On purpose. I've stopped the striving. I've stopped looking outward and comparing myself to others and feeling like I need to go go go to catch up. There's nothing to catch up to. It's just me, and the universe, co-creating the feelings I want to have and the desired outcome has been more meaningful than any how-to / self-help / business guide I have read.
Her other book, The Fire Starter Sessions, jump-started my current career and put me on the path to doing exactly what I love and being more clear about my vision.
The Desire Map has me fainting with the wisdom-bombs, internal shifts and made everything worth focusing on sink in even deeper.
I literally get tears in my eyes when I think about how this program is shifting my perception and helping me to really go after what is truly important and to let go of the rest.
Danielle LaPorte fills these pages with so much valuable insight, tips, suggestions, and I haven't even gotten to the workbook portion yet! Yep, this one is not to be missed. I am grateful for the work she does. My life and my business.
- Catherine Just | CatherineJust.com