Book proposals are to books as business plans are to businesses: essential.
A book is always more than just a book. Much more. Writing a book could direct the course of your career for the rest of your life. It could lead to infinitely important connec- tions, multiple revenue streams, spin off products, international relations. It could send more business your way. It could pay for a trip to Tahiti or just pay the rent. It could change one person’s life for the better. It could start a revolution. You need a plan.
Putting together [my] book proposal was almost like examining my own thoughts and organizing them. I thought that even if the book didn’t get published, it was a useful exercise.
—Tim Ferris on writing The 4-Hour Workweek
We’ve done this over and over, for ourselves and others. And we’ve helped hundreds of writers, info-product producers, + wisdom mavens devote themselves to DONE. We’re talking life’s work, in print and on-line. Decade-long dreams, on the shelf and on e-readers. We love this stuff. And you’re going to feel the love.
Your Big Beautiful Book Plan is a digital program for people who want to get their word into the world — where it belongs.
If you are:
- An active writer (online, offline, or in the pages of your diary) who is ready to go public, go pro, and play with your power…
- Determined to build your platform, target your ideal market + audience, and learn to pitch your gifts…
- Mystified by the process of creating a book proposal (let alone a BOOK), curious about what actually works, what’s unnecessary fluff, and how to get your proposal so strong, it’s a work of art in itself…
- On the prowl for a literary agent, ripe ‘n ready for publication…
- Stepping into this game for the sheer love of it — the way writing makes you feel, the thrill of the finished chapter…
- This close to finishing the book, but lacking that muse-powered oomph to carry you over the finish line…
- Seeking a roadmap for your book’s life cycle…
Share Your Big Beautiful Book Plan on:
Your Big Beautiful Book Plan contains proposal samples from over 20 authors in both the fiction and non-fiction genres.
“If you’ve been putting off the writing the book you know you should be writing, this is the kick in the pants you’ve been waiting for.”
- Adam Baker | Creator, manvsdebt.com
“Your Big Beautiful Book Plan blows away all of our preconceived ideas of what it means to be an author. It is not just a how-to book manual, it’s a manifesto + live action heroes + real examples…”
- Dyana Valentine | Instigator Emcee + Functional Muse
“Just wanted you to know that even just scratching the surface of Your Big Beautiful Book Plan has changed the course of 2012 for me. I’ve been writing a science fiction novel for the better part of my adult life. This year? I finish it. This year, I get this little gem published.”
- Amanda Farough | Violetminded.com
“I have been burning to bring my story to life, and I decided to buy Your Big Beautiful Book Plan to help me manifest my book. To be able to take what you think and feel on the inside, articulate it out to the world onto pages is beautiful, scary, brilliant and very fulfilling. As I read other people’s stories, experiences and journeys with their books, I was able to visualize my own experience. The insight into the industry, the journey and hard work involved… I can’t wait to be a part of it! I’m rock solid, restless and ready to go!”
- Sara Nguyen | SocialMediaRocketeer.com
“Those model proposals alone are worth a ton — I wish I’d had them when I wrote my first proposal.”
- Jonathan Fields | Uncertainty
This is what you’re getting:
: Never-before-shared book proposal samples that landed six-figure advances, attracted top literary agents, and changed lives (both the authors, and their reader’s). This is your behind-the-scenes view into what grabs an agent’s attention, what captivates publishers, and the logic of a book plan that grows your career.
We’ve wrangled book proposal samples from 20+ successful book deals. You’re going to flip for:
- The Fire Starter Sessions, Danielle’s digital program that she turned into a major publishing deal with Random House
- Generation Green, Linda’s multiple award-winning book that she co-authored with her teenage son, and sold to Simon & Schuster
- Chris Guillebeau’s $100 Start Up book, published by Crown Publishers
- The Malaria Book, from Michael Bungay Stanier, which raised over $250K for End Malaria and was an Amazon bestseller
- Love Junkie, from Rachel Resnick, a memoir that Vanity Fair praised for its “staggering honesty, raw and unsparing humor…”
- Tim Ferriss’ blockbuster, The 4-Hour Body
- Michael Ellsberg’s Educating Millionaires
- Rhonda Britten’s Fearless Living
- …and more, more, more!
: THE BIG BEAUTIFUL WORKBOOK. A self- and career-inquiry process that gets to the grit of why and what you need to write, plus target audience clarification, self-promotion & pitching exercises, and a bevy of creative-hermit practices.
: Techniques to capture the content that is… your life. Because your book has already been written — in your client work, blog posts, email chains & cafe conversations. We’ll show you how to spin your “undiscovered work” into gold.
: Strategies for building your platform as your create your product.
: Empowering lessons for rolling with rejection, hearing your muse, and gathering testimonials.
: A pros + cons drill-down of traditional vs. self-publishing options — with been-there insights from both sides. Timely, no?
: 10 (Sexy + Thrilling) Ways To Finish The Damn Book—because writer’s block isn’t in our vocabulary, and the finish line is closer than you think.
: 8+ hours of audio + video interviews with agents and high-profile authors, including:
Meet Your Big Beautiful Book Plan creators
…and some author contributors
“Danielle LaPorte is on the leading edge of what it means to innovate in book creation and marketing.”
- Lisa DiMona | Literary Agent, Lark Productions
“The world’s most successful people are magnetized to Linda Sivertsen for a very simple reason: she brings out the best in everyone she touches.”
– Mimi Donaldson | Author of Negotiating for Dummies
“I want to offer writers the most distinctive, extraordinary advice and instruction that exists out there. And I only want to work with people who have sincerity, integrity, heart, and spirit. Danielle LaPorte is one of those people. If you’re ready to put a book proposal together, if you’re looking for an agent, if you have an idea and you want to get it out there, try this program.”
- Sarah Selecky | This Cake Is For The Party
“You know you have a story in you… if you only knew how to get it published. After diving into Danielle + Linda’s book love fest, I am astounded with the top-shelf knowledge and talent shared. I could not look away. And now I am starting my second book–with a proposal this time.”
- Susan Hyatt | Create Your Own Luck: 7 Steps to get Your Lucky On
“The NY Times did a poll in the not-too-distant-past, to find out just how many Americans harbor secret desires to become published authors. The result? 81%. Staggering. A room of your ten best friends, and eight of them yearn to see a book with their name on it, beaming from the bookshelf. Yearning for credibility… status… achievement… completion.
I’m one of those eight people, damn straight. And if you’re reading this, chances are, you are, too. I had the privilege of helping to curate + create Your Big Beautiful Book Plan, and it was thrilling to see it evolve from ‘a helpful how-to’ into the definitive guide to crafting your book, securing your publishing allies, and elevating your writing career.
Will this program serve your literary ambitions? Uh, absolutely. Am I biased? Maybe a little. But I can shelve my personal pride in seeing this beautiful baby launched long enough to say: this is the program 81% of us have been waiting for. Get with the program. And write. NOW.”
- Alexandra Franzen | AlexandraFranzen.com