burning questions with ingrid vandervelt (insert vroom vroom sounds)
Ingrid makes me feel like I need to be more EXTREME…and productive. I thought I was cool for walking on hot coals and having a natural home birth, but IV jumps out of airplanes on a regular basis, races a Ducati and hosts her own show: On The Road With iV. She’s written business plans and lined up the VC backing. And, if that’s not sexy enough, she’s a deep believer in the power of the Feminine..and one of the sweetest entrepreneurs I’ve jammed with. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.
1. What do you know to be true, unquestionably beyond doubt, certain with every cell of your being, completely, passionately, righteously certain?
When I REALLY listen, and I hear … the Universal voice that guides me every day.
2. When do you feel like a total superstar?
Everyday! (With lots of moments in there where I feel utter fear and doubt and I have to stop and LISTEN) I feel very blessed to understand the calling I have, and the mission I am on. And to have a deep sense of knowing that in my service to others, I am doing what it is that I am called to do. I also feel like a total Superstar when someone thanks me for inspiring them in some way…that is the BEST gift in the world.
3. What’s the best advice you were ever given in terms of business?
1) Do what you are passionate about.
2) Be persistent.
3) Find a mentor.
4) Decide your cash flow needs/risk comfort level (and take action around that, as I DID NOT and caught myself in a hole.)
6) trust and integrity are the most important things-screwing up is okay (and it happens)…not being truthful is not
8) MAKE IT HAPPEN
9) understanding that screwing up is okay. Its part of the game. It’s how you come through it, overcome it and move beyond it that matters
10) celebrate your calling and your successes – you are AMAZING!!!!!
4. What’s the best advice you were ever given in terms of love?
5. What book(s) are you always telling people to read?
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferazzi
Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Stanny
Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
Visionary Business by Marc Allen
and your own journal :)
6. Does your alter ego have a name?(FYI, mine is Constance Candelabra. She’s an Italian housewife in stilettos. You can call her Connie.)
LOVE IT!!!!! Yes, I have a few. “.iV” my nickname, it’s the one that encapsulates the power of being girly girly on the outside and doing very “dude like things” on the inside (that’s what the Discovery Channel said anyways.) iSABELLA VANDY- the name of my “child”/ my “happenin’ lifestyle/clothing line…the name I was given by Tim McClure (of GSD&M fame) when he was “rebranding” me to be the “real me.” And VANESSA VANDERBILT for luxury, power and grace!
7. I’m going to give you a word. Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you read it… Ready? The word is:FEMININE.
Beautiful…and all women are gifted and deserve to own that graceful, amazing and lovely power.
Rock on, road warrior woman.
. . . . . . . .